Luya fishing rods are often marked with hardness and tonality just like handrods, but the hardness and tonality of Luya rods and handrods are different, and the hardness is not tonality. How can we distinguish the hardness and tonality of Luya rods? What is the difference between the two? I will give you a comprehensive analysis.
1. What is Luya rod hardness
Luya rod hardness is called “Power” in English, which refers to the maximum load value of Luya rod and the range of bait weight suitable for throwing. The hardness of Luya rod can be roughly divided into several grades from soft to hard: UUL-UL-L-ML-M-H-H-XH-XXH.
Where “M” is the dividing line, the upper part is soft, and the lower part is hard.
The hardness of Luya rod is classified as follows:
UUL — Ultra Ultra light extremely soft
UL — Ultra light super soft
L — Light soft, suitable for high proportion of soft worms, with lead soft worms, small and medium MINNOW, etc
ML — Medium light medium soft, suitable for small fat people, medium mini, pencils, etc
M 111 Medium, suitable for VIB, deep diving mino, lead hook, etc
MH — Medium heevy medium hard, suitable for shrimp type high proportion soft worms, SPINNER BAIT, BUZZ BAIT, etc
H — Heevy hard, suitable for medium and large size Mino, bullet lead fishing group, SPINNER BAIT, RUBBER JIG, etc
XH — Extra Heevy, RUBBER JIG, heavy soft fish, etc
XXH — Extra extra stiff
2. What is Luya rod’s tonality
Luya’s rod tonality is represented by the English word “action”. The bending point of the rod body of the fish in the fishing rod is closer and closer to the front. The faster the tonality is, the slower the tonality is. Taking middle note as the dividing line of fast and slow regulation, the advantages of the fast lever are operating the lure and accurately throwing. The slow lever is easy to feel the fish signal and has less pressure on the line. Details are as follows:
SS – SUPER SLOW adjustment, 5.5 curvature, suitable for pencil, long body Mino, floating Mino, water series, etc.
S — SLOW adjustment, 4:6 curvature, that is, the rod body curvature is 40% in the direction of the rod tip, suitable for CRANK BAIT, SPINNER BAIT, etc.
MR — Medium Regular.
R – regular middle note, 3:7 curvature, that is, the position of 30% of the curvature of the rod body in the rod tip direction, suitable for rubber jig, VIB, minnow, specific gravity, etc.
MF — Medium fast tuning.
F — FAST quick adjustment, 2:8 curvature, that is, the position where the rod body curvature is 20% in the direction of the rod tip, suitable for RUBBER BAIT, lead coated soft fish, thunder frog, etc.
FF 1-1 5:8.5 curvature, that is, the position where the curvature of the rod body is 15% in the direction of the rod tip, suitable for lead coated soft fish, thunder frogs, etc.
XF — super fast adjustment, 1:9 curvature, that is, the rod body curvature is 10% in the direction of the rod tip.
3. How to choose the hardness and tonality of Luya rod
- 1. Hardness
- The soft rod is suitable for casting small bait to catch small fish, while the hard rod is suitable for casting large bait to catch large fish. When casting, we will use the elasticity of the rod tip, because the elasticity of the soft rod is good, and the bait weight range is small and small baits are more comfortable to throw. Large baits are easy to break and can not be thrown far. The elasticity of the tip of the hard rod is not enough to drive the small bait. The hard rod is not comfortable to throw small bait, and the hard rod is not far away, so it is suitable for throwing large bait.
- 2. Tone
- Slow adjusting Luya rod is suitable for controlling hard bait, while fast adjusting Luya rod is suitable for controlling soft bait. Because the sensitivity (conductivity) of the rod is the same, the faster the tonality is, the better the rod sensitivity will be, and the more obvious the perception of the bite of the fish will be. Therefore, for fine fishing, we often choose the tonality – F or XF above the fast adjustment. However, it is better to cast the upper middle fast adjustment (MF) rod than the fast adjustment rod
Throwing, medium and fast adjustment has strong comprehensive performance. Beginners often choose medium and fast adjustment rods in order to solve the problem of throwing. The lower tones of middle note – m, s and SS, the stickiness is better, and it is not easy to fish. At the same time, it can filter out the vibration of the hard bait itself, thus amplifying the fish news.
We can choose Luya rods with different hardness and tonality according to different fishing grounds and target fish.